Salsa Chicken & Rice Casserole
One of the great things about Fall and Winter are that you can put together a nice casserole whenever you have time. Double the recipe and make two meals. One for dinner and the other for the freezer.
Salsa Chicken and Rice is a great one! Feel free to Double it!
- 4 tsp Olive Oil
- 6 Tbl Sour Cream
- 4 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 - 16 oz Jar of Salsa - Your preference of brand and heat.
- 2 cups COOKED White Rice
- 8 oz Cooked Boneless Chicken Breast - Diced
- Saute Mushrooms in Olive Oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Remove Mushrooms to a medium bowl and mix with remainder of ingredients.
- Place in a greased casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
Serving Suggestions: With Additional Sour cream, Tortilla Chips, chopped green Onions, Hot Sauce and diced jalapenos.